Thursday, June 24, 2010

IUI, Post-Ov Ultrasound and Progesterone Bloodwork

Sorry I haven't posted an update about the IUI.  I guess I have just been trying not to think about it much and trying to focus on other things so I don't drive myself crazy.  June 10th, I went in for the IUI with DH's specimen in a cup tucked inside my clothes so that I could keep it close to my body (that's what they suggested I do).  The IUI was about 10 minutes long.  The nurse brought in the tube with the sperm and said there were lots of sperm in the specimen I brought in.  Yeah!!  She showed me the tube.  It was cloudy looking.  She said that was good and means there are lots of sperm in there.  She brought out a long thin needle thing, which is what she used to inject the sperm in me.  The procedure was fine except for when she hit my uterus.  We were talking and I stopped in mid-sentence.  She asked if I felt discomfort.  I said yes.  She said that she must have hit my uterus and needed me to tell her if I felt any discomfort  because she can't tell how far she has injected it / if she is hitting the uterus.  After the procedure, I layed on the table for about 5 minutes before I left.  I felt some pressure in my vaginal area, but other than that felt OK. 

I was pretty tired.  DD and I took a 3+ hour nap.  It was great! 

I went in the next day (June 11th) for a post ovulation u/s.  The tech said my lining was now at an 11.  Good!  She could also tell that an egg was released because there was fluid.  She said we had done everything we can up to that point.  She said 2 weeks after I had the Ovidrel, I can take a test.  She did warm me about taking it too early though, to avoid getting another BFN.  I am to call when I receive a BFP or if AF visits. 

DH and I drank a bottle of one of our favorite wines (because hopefully soon I won't be drinking any for about 9-10 months) and he toasted "to our growing family."  That was such a sweet toast!  I loved it and I love him.

June 15th I went in for b/w to check my progesterone level.  The nurse called the next day with the results.  She said my level was a little low.  They like it to be at least 20 and mine was at 13 (which was no surprise since my ob/gyn diagnosed me with LPD).  They want me to take 100mg of Prometrium 3 times per day.  She said that I should call the office by the 25th, unless I receive a BFP before that (then I need to call right away).  If I get a BFN and no visit from AF, they are going to do b/w.  I plan on testing today actually (the 24th).

Since then it has just been a waiting game and I have been trying to focus on other things and not think too much about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment